RESILIENT AGRICULTURE ACCELERATOR FUND
TSC identifies pesticide application as a hotspot within its THESIS methodology, alongside its associated improvement opportunities (IO).THESIS includes a KPI related to pest management which asks for the percent of one’s supply that comes from farming operations that have a verifiable, site-based, environmental health and safety program to assess management practices and the impact of pesticides on humans and the environment. Through this KPI, THESIS users share valuable data on their pesticide use across a wide range of product categories. Over the past four years, this THESIS KPI score has improved but still averages 45%, indicating that companies are building transparency on this issue, but still need support in improving communication and leadership across the value chain.
At any given time, our staff and members are working on projects all over the sustainability spectrum. From pilot projects with retailers to facilitating guidelines involving multiple stakeholders to developing visual language standards for supply chains, TSC is constantly in motion. Below are just a few examples of the kind of initiatives TSC either leads or is a part of. Want to get in on the action? Find out how to partner with TSC on a project or how to become a member and join the leaders in sustainability.
WHAT IS IT?
- A pre-competitive, corporate driven fund to leverage federal, state, and private foundation grants for amplified impact investment in US farms to scale conservation agriculture and resilience.
- Funding will be prioritized for technical assistance, capital expenses associated with conservation and regenerative agriculture implementation, farm data digitization, and other key barriers to scaling resilient agriculture.
- This fund will bridge the gap between initial upfront costs to implement conservation and regenerative practices (including digital record-keeping), and long-term returns from cost savings or participating in carbon/nutrient markets.
- Derive co-benefits of the fund’s investments through carbon and water conservation, regenerative agriculture, biodiversity/wildlife benefits, and cost savings through proven and tested practices.
- Create resilient agricultural supply chains in the US through strategic incentives and investments in producers.
- Quantitative impact measurement to farm income, farm health, and wildlife conservation.