This Guide provides a benchmark for the evaluation of responses to TSC’s THESIS KPIs with quantitative response options in select produce categories. The six product categories included in this Guide are apples, cucumbers, lettuce and salad greens, potatoes and sweet potatoes, grapes, and tomatoes. Please note that field and controlled environment agriculture (CEA) values are listed together unless otherwise noted which may provide a wide range of values.
The purpose of this guide is to determine feasibility of the responses. The following KPIs are covered in this Guide:
- Fertilizer Application – Growing Operations (GO)
- Food Loss and Waste Generation - Distribution
- Food Loss and Waste Generation – Processing
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Intensity – Growing Operations (GO)
- Irrigation Water Use – Growing Operations (GO)
- Yield – Growing Operations (GO)
The Soil Erosion - Growing Operations KPI was not covered in this Guide because soil erosion levels depend on the local conditions. Thus, no data on plausible ranges can be provided for this KPI.
|Interpretation Guide of Quantitative Responses to THESIS KPIs in Select Produce Categories.pdf||Download |